Fast and easy way to setup a local web server with PHP and MySQL on Windows. It’ll take less than a few minutes.
- go to http://sourceforge.net/projects/xampp/files/XAMPP%20Windows/1.8.3/ (the latest version)
- click xampp-portable-win32-1.8.3-2-VC11.zip to start the download
- copy a downloaded file to a desired destination (drive C:\ is my choice) and unpack. ‘xampp’ folder is now created
- go to C:\xampp and click xampp-control.exe to launch xampp’s control panel (Xampp icon appears also in Windows System Tray – bottom right corner)
- click START button in the first row to start Apache Server
- open a web browser and type localhost